In addition to our user roles, you can set dividers to categorize templates into business areas or regions to limit users access to reports from different regions or business areas.
Before the dividers are available in your account, the divider items have to be defined by customer and preset by Topo first.
1. Log into your Topo account and activate the App Builder by clicking on "Enable Editing Mode" under Tools.
2. In the "New" tab, you will see "Global" next to each template.
3. Double-click on "Global" and a preset drop down menu will appear. You can multi select dividers for the template.
Example: Template 01.SAMPLE - Buying Tool is categorized with dividers "Inspection", "China" and "Bangladesh". This means only users who have access to "China" and "Bangladesh" regions under business area "Inspection" can see/edit this template. "Global" means everyone has access.
4. Once you set the dividers, don't forget to save them by clicking on the cloud or otherwise they won't apply to the template.
5. Go to "Manage Users" under Tools.
6. Under the dividers column, you can set the dividers for each user and match it according to the template dividers.
Example: User 1 should have access to all templates under "Inspection" and "China". Click on "Global" to select dividers.
User 1 has access to the template 1.SAMPLE - Buying Tool now because the dividers for the user and the template match.
7. To save time, you can set the dividers for user roles and assign them to users. Click on "Manage User Roles" and a new window will open up for you.
For more information regarding user roles, please refer to our guide Admin and User Roles.
8. You have successfully set your dividers and if you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.