For importing and exporting data into your templates from your enterprise softwares, you will need to follow a certain data scheme to connect both sides. We will explain on what criteria are crucial for the mapping in Topo.
1. Get the JSON file of your ERP software from your IT Department and have a look at the data schema inside. It will display the data names of your fields from your system.
As an example:
While building the template you will have to make sure that you use exactly these data names for your data fields in the template.
2. Go into the App Builder and click on
to see the "Data Name / Alias" section of your fields. To make the import work, you will need to change the data name of "ReportNr" since in the data schema from your software, you are using "ReportNo" (as shown in Point 1. above).
This step will allow you to import data into your template and you have to make sure if you have multiple templates that require import data, all templates have the same data names.
3. At the same time the "ID" has to match the target key of Topo for exporting data. In our example, we have these target keys for the mentioned data name fields in Point 1. above:
"map" : [
"targetKey" : "a",
"sourceKey" : "ReportNo",
"constraint" : NumberInt(1)
"targetKey" : "b",
"sourceKey" : "ReportDate"
"targetKey" : "c",
"sourceKey" : "POReportNo"
4. Once you have the target keys from our side, you will need to update the "ID" in the template designer.
In our example, the ID matches the target key and therefore, we do need to make any changes. If the key does not match, you will have to amend it.
Please note that IDs are unique in Topo and any ID can be only used once in your template!
If you are using ID "a" for another field, you will need to change the other ID and make sure you are not using a taken ID.
In the screenshot, you will need to change the ID of "SupplierCode" to make the export work.
5. Once the template is updated and all Data Names and IDs are correct, the data export/ import should have not any problems.