Learn how to manage users and how to control their access rights to make sure not every user can view, edit or delete reports.
1. Log into your Topo account. Go to "Tools" and click on "Manage Users".
2. A new window will open with a list of all your users with their access rights. We have two roles in Topo: Admin Roles and User Roles.
Admin Roles are defined by 3 roles with different user rights: User, Template & Global (All).
- User: Allowed to add & delete Users and set User Roles
- Template: Allowed to edit templates only
- Global (All): Allowed to set Admin Roles and has all the rights of User and Template Role
Users can have multiple Admin roles and it can be set by the user with the Global (All) Admin rights.
3. After you have set your Admin Roles, the Global or User Admin can create User Roles. To create a User Role, click on "Manage User Roles".
4. A new window will open and you can enter the name of the user role. In our example we created the Supervisor Role.
To add more roles, click on "+ Add Role".
5. Now you can set the access rights for the Supervisor Role. We have 4 different Document Access Rights:
- View - User can view reports
- Create - User can create a report
- Edit - User can edit or make changes on reports
- Permit - User can assign reports to someone
Each Document Access Rights has 4 settings:
- All - User has full access
- Own - User only has access to his/her own reports
- Ownerless - User only has access to new reports
- Permit - User only has access to his/her assigned reports
We created a few roles to explain the access rights:
In this example: Inspector 1 can View and Edit only his own reports, while Inspector 2 can only work on reports that have been assigned to him since he has the access setting Permit. The Supervisor overlooks the inspectors and he can View and Edit all the reports and Assign reports to
6. If you want users only to have access to certain templates, you can choose it from the list. The default setting is set to All.
7. You have successfully set the User Roles and you can assign the roles now and even combine them with Admin Roles.